I made this amazingly, easy cake for a staff meeting and not only is gorgeous on the stand, but it is yummy in the tummy! For those of you whose mouths were watering, the recipe is so simple and very fast to make. I mixed up the cake batter and baked it one day, and then the next day completed the recipe. It definitely got me in the festive mood with the bright colors. It is great for any special event you may have! Enjoy!
Chocolate Fruit Basket Cake-Picture from Taste of Home30 25 jkadah 55 Ingredients
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 11 Kit Kat candy bars (1-1/2 ounces each)
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves, warmed
- Fresh mint leaves, optional
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Separate candy bars; lightly press into sides of cake. Arrange berries on top; brush with preserves. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
How-To: To keep the cake stand clean while frosting, line the edge with 3-in. strips of waxed paper. Center the first cake layer over the strips. When finished frosting, carefully remove strips one piece at a time.
Events By Ashley completed cake!