Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A Christmas Proposal
Amy Lucas and Christian Hallberg
Their Story told by Amy:
Christian was away at school and was coming home for Christmas break. He promised me a date that Saturday of dinner and a movie. I was so excited since I hadn't seen him in weeks. On a side note, my mom told me she had won a helicopter flight to look at Christmas lights. My mom wins random things all the time from B.98 fm so I totally believed this sneaky little lie. She told me that she and my dad were going to go on the helicopter flight that Saturday night. I was slightly jealous, but the fact that I had a hot date of my own that night overcame my jealousy!
It was Saturday morning and my mom, being a fabulous actress came upstairs nearly in tears. She said she was too scared to take the helicopter flight and asked if Christian and I would want to take it. (Her dad almost died in a helicopter accident so I was naïve and totally believed her fear). Christian was expecting my phone call and knew that I would ask if he didn't mind if we took a helicopter flight instead of going to our movie as planned. He acted a little disappointed that our plans were being changed but he agreed to go! Little did I know that when I called he was picking up the ring!
I spent the whole afternoon at Christians house just hanging out while
his awesome friends were just up the street at Buffalo park setting up the Christmas lights. I had no idea that 300 yards away, they were assisting in this marvelous surprise by creating 8 ft tall letters big enough to see from the sky.
We finally went to dinner and then set out for the Helicopter light tour. We got there and all of the helicopter pilots and everyone played along. When we arrived they said, "Oh you must be the radio winner!" They had me completely fooled. Christian was acting a little nervous and I thought maybe it was because he had never flown before. We finally got up in the sky and flew over some beautiful light displays when I noticed how close we were to Christian's house. I made a comment about how Christian lived like right beneath us and the helicopter pilot pointed
out that we were over buffalo park.
 Christian leaned over and asked me to look out the window. In giant letters I saw "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" My first thought was, "Aww someone is proposing! How precious!" Then Christian held out a beautiful ring and said, "Amy, will you marry me?" I sat in unbelief as I stared out the window at the most perfect light display I'd ever seen. I kept saying, you are joking! Is this for real? I finally said yes as the helicopter pilots began to laugh at my reaction.
I was still in shock when we landed and I began to cry once we got to our car. We drove to the park to see the lights and hard work his friends had done to make our engagement a success. I can honestly say I couldn't have asked for a better engagement story. And best of all, I get to marry the man of my dreams!
The couple will be married in just 10 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment