Friday, March 9, 2012

What's Your Love Story??


This young lad, is my handsome hubby. We celebrate our 4th wedding annivery in just a few weeks and as I reflect, I realize just how blessed I am to have him in my life. I still have quite a bit to change, but at least he doesn't wear high water jeans anymore!!

I was Ivan's waitress during a meeting he held for work and after a bet was wagered between all the guys at the table as to who would "date" me, Ivan ended up the winner! After stalking me at work for about a month....and me not really giving him a second glance, we saw each other out and he came up and asked for my number. When he first met me at my work place, I had just gotten back from a trip to Africa, so he had just been calling me Africa in his mind. Well, the poor guy had to ask what my name was....Hmmmm. After a 3 hour phone conversation the following day, I accepted a date night.
Our first date I thought for sure he really was a stalker. He knew all my volleyball stats, favorite Starbucks drink that he actually had waiting in the console of his car. Our drive to dinner seemed to take FOREVER and was in the middle of what seemed, no where. After entering the restaurant and observing his attire, I could not help but think of Steve Urkel. After a friend told me that I could eventually change the way he dressed (she never told me that I couldn't change everything about his clothing choice), I knew he was my "Lifer" as my dear friend says. After about 9 months of dating and during a trip I took to Africa, my handsome man paid a surprise visit to the orphanage I was working at and asked me to marry him!!! I was shaking so bad, I had to sit down and of course I said "YES"!! Six months later we had the wedding celebration of our dreams, surrounded by all of our family and dear friends.
Amoung many other lessons learned along our journey, this one stands out to me:
We would LOVE to hear your story of how God brought you your special someone! We will be featuring one couple each Friday with the hopes of inspiring and encouraging other couples to never forget what brought them/you together.

What do you need to do to participate?
All you need to do it send a couple of pictures of you and your fiance'/spouse and a typed story to: ashley@myeventbyashley.com

2 comments: