Monday, November 14, 2011

D.I.Y Love Monday's!
Cloudy cool weather, pumpkin flavored coffee from the Spice Merchant; given by our sweet friends, and feeling crafty, make for the perfect distraction from the fact that it is dear ol' Monday again!!
My amazing Pumpkin Spice coffee in my vintage cup purchased at Marigold Road
Most of my craftiness today was inspired from the blog Marigold Road, owned by my friend Mindy Harris. She has taught me thriftiness.....as has my dear friend Danielle! I have admired her cute little flowers, headbands, wreaths and 1950's housewares for sometime now. I made a stop at the Salvation Army today looking for silver platters and I found 4 little wreaths for only 39 cents each and could not pass up the offer!! So I brought them home and rumaged through all my craft drawers to see what I could come up with.
Wreaths:
For 39 cents each, I could not pass these up. I emptied the change in my purse,
and bought 4 of them! Came home and got to work and came up with these:
This past week has been a tough week for many people that are near and dear to my heart, and
 in many different ways joy has been stolen from their hearts. I know that it is only for the moment and our GOD can restore all that has been stolen or broken. I wanted to make something that would encourage those poeple and myself and bring a reminder that Joy will come again.

"Sing praise to the Lord, You HIS Godly ones, and give thanks to HIS holy name. For HIS anger is but for the moment, HIS favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may last for the night, but a shout of joy comes in the morning!"~~ Psalm 30:4-5

Felts:
The Home Sweet Home felts I found in the $1.00 bin at Target a few months ago and knew I would think of something fun to do with them at some point!
With the holidays coming up, I decided it would be fun to make things for the special people in my life, rather than buy something from a store. It is amazing to me how inexpensive hand made gifts can be. So, walk the isles of the Salvation Army, Goodwill, or other second hand shops and let your imagination take hold of you. Be creative in the things that you already have at home and play with them to see how they might fit together.
Happy Crafting!

3 comments: